This is what Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson looks like when he’s bored out of his mind.
Sure, he looks happy, but trust me… he’s dead inside.Read More
Join us at the next Sales & Marketing Book Club for "Duct Tape Selling: Think Like a Marketer - Sell Like a Superstar" by John Jantsch
In a study by Adobe, 76% of marketers indicated that marketing has changed more in the past two years than the previous 50. But it’s not just marketing that has changed. So has sales. And the reason for that is simply because the way people buy has changed.Read More
Join us at the next Sales & Marketing Book Club for "Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is About Help Not Hype" by Jay Baer
The premise is simple: What if your marketing was so helpful that people would theoretically pay you for it?
Youtility – creating marketing that is truly, inherently useful, is the first big umbrella marketing platform of the age of social and mobile connectivity.
Jay Baer is the author of The New York Times bestseller Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype. In addition to being a best-selling author, Jay is a keynote speaker, marketing consultant, and digital pioneer.
Join us at the next Sales & Marketing Book Club for "Social Selling Mastery: Scaling Up Your Sales and Marketing Machine for the Digital Buyer" by Jamie Shanks on April 21
Jamie Shanks is one of the world’s leading social selling experts. He has personally built social selling programs for nearly every industry, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations.Read More
Success in modern marketing belongs to the champions of honesty & transparency
Truth is a funny thing. No matter how much some people want to sweep it under the rug, lock it in the closet or duct-tape its mouth and shove it into the truck of an old Buick... it persists and eventually, prevails.Read More
The Sales & Marketing Book Club: "They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing and Today's Digital Consumer" by Marcus Sheridan on March 10
In 2001, Marcus Sheridan and his two business partners started a fiberglass swimming pool installation company in Virginia. To market their business, they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars each year in advertising. But in 2008, with the crash of the real estate market, he almost lost his company.
The Sales & Marketing Book Club starts Feb. 10 with "The Science of Selling: Proven Strategies to Make Your Pitch, Influence Decisions, and Close the Deal" by David Hoffeld
Here's a wildly unscientific (and entirely fabricated) statistic: 78% of weekday lunch hour conversation is dedicated to complaining about clients and/or co-workers. The other 22% is spent trying to decide between the chicken salad and the cheeseburger.
That seems like a waste of some perfectly good sandwich time.Read More
Every day in our office, there's a sales or marketing discussion sparked by something we read in a book.
It helps that once a week, Douglas conducts a great interview with the author of one of those books as the host of The Marketing Book Podcast. His reading and research help keep Artillery on the leading edge of trends and thought leadership in sales and marketing.
The weekly podcast also ensures a steady flow of new books for the office library.
But after airing the 100th episode of his podcast, Douglas wanted something more. He wanted to keep the conversation going, beyond the reading and the watercooler talk.
That's why we're excited to announce the launch of The Sales & Marketing Book Club!